Robert Mugabe is one of Africa’s longest serving president. At 92, uncle Bob still has the energy of a teenager.
He has made us cry and laugh at the same time. Here are some of the funniest quotes from President Robert Mugabe.
Robert Mugabe’s Famous Quotes
- “Virginity is the best wedding gift any man would receive from his newly wed wife but lately, there’s nothing as such any-longer because it’ll have already been given out as a Birthday gift, token of Appreciation, Job assurance, Church collection, Examination marking schemes & for Lorry fares!”
- “Treat every part of your towel nicely because the part that wipes your buttocks today will wipe your face tomorrow.”
- “We are living in a generation where people “in love” are free to touch each others’ private parts but cannot touch each others’ phones because they’re private”
- “Sometimes you look back at girls you spent money on rather than send it to your mum and you realise witchcraft is real.”
- “If you are a married man, and you find yourself attracted to school girls, just buy your wife a school uniform.”
- “If President Barack Obama wants me to allow marriage for same-sex couples in my country (Zimbabwe), he must come here so that I marry him first.”
- “South Africans will kick down a statue of a dead white man but won’t even attempt to slap a live one. Yet they can stone to death a black man simply because he’s a foreigner.”
- “What is the problem? We now have aeroplanes which can take them back quicker than the ships used by their ancestors.”
- “Mr Bush, Mr. Blair and now Mr Brown’s sense of human rights precludes our people’s right to their God-given resources, which in their view must be controlled by their kith and kin. I am termed dictator because I have rejected this supremacist view and frustrated the neo-colonialists.”
- “Cigarette is a pinch of tobacco rolled in a piece of paper with fire on one end and a fool on the other end.”
Which one is your favourite?
by Aaron Ian